Alpine Endurance Challenge Training Camp
October 26 to 28, 2018
Join us for an epic overnighter weekend trail running adventure! Spend two and a half day’s of training amongst the giant redwoods on the trails high upon Mt. Tamalpias. Wake up amongst the historic redwood tree’s, step out the front door and head out for a wondrous run. Receive valuable coaching from expert coaches, exercise physiologists, and sports dietitians.
Run, rest, restore, recover, gain confidence and experience!
Located on Mount Tamalpias at the historic California Alpine Lodge.
AEC Training Camp is designed to accommodate a variety of runners training to achieve running between 8 to 26 miles. Four runs will be offered over the course of 2.5 days; Saturday’s run hosts three run options. Trails will be technical and hilly. Runs may last in duration between 45 to 60 minutes and up to 2 to 4+ hours. Runs are self-supported (wear a hydration pack/carry water, headlamps recommended for PM runs).
- Coached lectures and clinics
- Baggage transportation from our good friends at Endurance Performance Training Center (EPTC) for Friday evening and Sunday morning
- Meet & Greet + Shake-Out run at EPTC
- Optional reserved parking at EPTC or CAC
- Saturday morning: 3 “long run” options to chose from
- Saturday evening: Shake-out Halloween costume run
- Costume Contest
- Sunday morning: Recovery run to EPTC
- Dinner: Friday & Saturday; Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday; Lunch: Saturday + snacks and appi’s
- SWAG from Betty Designs, Rudy Project, Generation UCAN, Trifiniti Endurance, and many others!
YOUR WEEKEND BEGINS
- WEEKEND SCHEDULE CLICK HERE
Friday, October 26: 4:00 PM, Meet & Greet, Bag Drop, Shake Out Run. Runners meet at Endurance Performance Training Center in Mill Valley for a meet and greet/baggage drop, followed by a 3-mile warm up run up the Tenderfoot Trail to the California Alpine Lodge. Your luggage will be transported on behalf of EPTC. Hosts will be there to greet you and check you in.
- Meet & Greet run from EPTC Course Map (3 mi).
Runners may also opt to drive to the California Alpine Lodge (reserved parking), check in, and head out for an alternate shake out run.
Enjoy a light dinner. Meet the hosts & experts. Socialize. Rest.
Headlamps recommended for evening runs.
Saturday’s Morning. Runners begin their day with breakfast. We’ll break into groups and go over “long run” course logistics. Runs will be between 90 minutes and up to several +hours.
- Course Map (7.9 mi) The route has a total ascent of 1825.08 ft and has a maximum elevation of 1,197.24 ft.
- Course Map (12.5 mi) The route has a total ascent of 2395.45 ft and has a maximum elevation of 1,341.01 ft.
- Course Map (26.4 mi) The route has a total ascent of 4856.79 ft and has a maximum elevation of 1,575.2 ft.
Saturday Midday. Those arriving back to the lodge prior to noon can expect lunch with some welcomed downtime. Expert coaches will be on hand providing clinics and presentations. Recovery shakes will be offered in the mid afternoon.
Saturday Night. Come in costume, runners will enjoy a fun and light evening shake-out run in costume (that’s right – in tradition with Halloween) with a costume contest. Dinner will be provided.
Sunday Morning. Wake up, enjoy a light breakfast, interact with friends, then set off for your final weekend run along the trails and/or back to EPTC. Check out 9 AM.
COACHES & EXPERTS
California Alpine Lodge. Welcome to the Alpine Lodge! Located above Muir Woods on the south slope of Mt. Tamalpias, it accommodates up to 35 sleepers between the main lodge and the Tamalpias building (down the gar pathway). Rooms and “dorm-style” sleeping quarters are both available. Bathrooms are co-ed. The lodge hosts spectacular views, with a cozy, inviting, yet rustic living room.
- Early Registration, Sept 1 to 25th, 2018: $200.
- Late Registration, Sept 26, 2018: $225
Alpine Endurance Challenge Training Camp
$200.00 prior to September 26, 2018; $225.00 post September 27, 2018 ($50 non refundable deposit for cancelations after October 19, 2018).